Linking your Awair Glow ("Glow") to your Google Home (speaker + app) will be done through the Google Home app. Once linked, you’ll be able to control the device plugged into your Glow and the nightlight with just the sound of your voice.
Before you begin
- Set up Google Home
- Set up your Glow
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure you're signed into the same Google Account that you linked to Google Home
Step 1: Connect your Glow to Google Home
- Open the Google Home app
- In the top left corner of the Home screen, tap the Menu icon
- Tap Home Control
- In the DEVICES tab, at the bottom right tap the Add icon
- Tap "Awair", provide your Awair login details and tap Sign In
- Link your Awair account and Google Home account here: Awair Google Home Service
(for the Awair and Google Assistant integration, go here)
Heads Up!: You’ll see two Glow icons for each Glow device linked to your Awair account: one for your Glow’s power switch (outlet), and one for your Glow’s nightlight.
Step 2: Assign your Glow to the right room
- From the Assign rooms tab, tap “Tap to assign room”
- Choose the room your Glow is located
- To customize the room name, tap "Custom Room" at the bottom of the list
- Select Done in the upper right-hand corner
Step 3: Set a nickname for your Glow
- From the DEVICES tab, tap your Glow
- Tap Set a nickname
- Type a nickname. Tap OK
- The default nickname will be name of your Glow in the Awair app
Complete Step 2 & Step 3 for all Glow icons in the DEVICES tab.
Step 4: Use your voice to control Glow
Now you can use your voice to control your Glow in two ways:
- Turn Glow’s power switch on or off
- OK Google, turn on the nursery heater
- OK Google, turn off the office lamp
- OK Google, turn on the bedroom diffuser nightlight
- OK Google, turn off the living room fan nightlight