If you’ve noticed your Awair app is grey and no longer displaying your Air Score, don’t worry--there may be a very fixable problem with the connectivity between your Awair Glow and your Wi-Fi network. Here are a few quick solutions to help you get your app back on track:
1. Restart Your Awair Glow’s Power Cycle
First, let’s try restarting your Awair Glow:
- Unplug your Awair Glow
- Wait 15 seconds, then replug your Awair Glow back into power
You can also do the same with your wireless router. It may take a few moments for your router to begin working again.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
If restarting your power didn’t work, there may be an issue with the Wi-Fi you are using to connect to your Awair Glow. You can check to make sure your connection is strong with the following steps:
- Make sure your Awair Glow is within range of your wireless network router
- Make sure you do not have a 5 GHz wireless network, because Awair only supports 2.4 GHz networks.
- Make sure your wireless network has an internet connection, and that other devices are able to connect to it and get online.
- Make sure your mobile device is within Bluetooth range of your Awair Glow (about 25 feet), and has an internet connection.
- Double-check your wireless network password to make sure you entered it correctly
- You may need to change the settings on your Wi-Fi router to “802.11 b/g/n (mixed) access” to allow for a better connection
- Make sure that you are not on an enterprise private network. For more info, check out our article here
3. Reset Your Wi-Fi Settings
If your app is still not connecting to your Awair Glow, we recommend trying a Hard Reset with these three steps:
- Reset the device by holding down the Plug On/Off button for 10 seconds until the light turns blue. All preferences previously saved on your Awair will be deleted, but your account information will not be removed.
- When Glow blinks blue, you can reconnect to it like you did during the setup process. Click on the (+) symbol on the top left of the Device List screen to get started. The historical data that you had with the device won’t be lost because it is backed up on our server.
4. Awair Server Issue
There may also be an issue with the Awair server.
We understand the importance of staying connected to your Awair, and want to make this process as easy and efficient as possible. You can always contact us for support during any of the steps above at firstname.lastname@example.org