Awair Glow aims to change the way you understand and interact with the air around you. Amazon’s Echo and its intelligent personal assistant, Alexa, aim to change the way you interact with your home. Together, Awair Glow and Alexa give you a powerful set of tools to help you understand and control your home environment. This article will help you set up and use Awair Glow and Alexa together.
You’ll have access to the following sections:
- Getting started with Awair Glow and Alexa
- Ask Alexa what's in the air around you
- How Awair Glow can make your Smart Home even smarter
- Using voice commands and Smart Home for effortless control of your environment
Getting started with Awair Glow and Alexa
1. Open the Amazon Alexa app. Tap the menu button in the upper left corner.
2. From the menu, tap on Skills
3. From the All Skills screen tap in the search bar and search for Awair.
4. Tap on Awair Glow
5. Tap the Enable button
6. This will bring up a login screen. You’ll need to log into your Awair account to continue.
7. Tap the X in the upper left corner to close the window
8. Tap the Discover Devices button.
9. Alexa will look for all Glows connected to your network.
10. Your Glow is now connected to Alexa
11. To enable the Awair skill, repeat steps 2-5 above, but tap on Awair instead of Awair Glow.
12. Tap the Enable button.
13. Sign in again, and your setup will be complete!
Ask Alexa what's in the air around you
Awair Glow are here to make sure that you know what’s in the air around you. Now, with Awair Skill for Alexa, it’s easy to find out by just asking.
You can say:
“Alexa, ask Awair about the temperature”
“Alexa, ask Awair about the humidity”
“Alexa, ask Awair about my CO2”
“Alexa, ask Awair about chemicals” (You can also say VOC instead of chemicals)
Or to simply hear about your overall air quality you can say “Alexa, ask Awair about the air quality”
If you’d like suggestions on how to improve your air quality, you can say “Alexa, ask Awair how I can improve my chemicals” or “Alexa, ask Awair how I can improve my CO2”
How Awair Glow can make your Smart Home even smarter
In addition to being able to give you information and advice about your air quality, Awair Glow has some unique features that can take advantage of Alexa’s Smart Home abilities.
Control other devices that are plugged into Glow
Glow has a plug you can use to control non-smart devices, such as a fan, an air purifier or a dehumidifier. You could say “Alexa, turn on the bedroom humidifier” to activate a humidifier that’s plugged into your Awair Glow. You could also say “Alexa, turn on the kitchen fan” to cool down and help circulate the air in your kitchen.
Control Glow’s night light
Glow also has a light that can be used as a night light to provide comfortable, gentle illumination at night. You could say “Alexa, turn on the hall light” to use your Glow to gently light up the hallway if you get up in the middle of the night, or “Alexa, turn off the hall light” after you return to your room.
Using Glow in a Smart Home group
You can also integrate these features into a Smart Home group setting. For example, you could say “Alexa, turn on the kitchen”. Alexa could then turn on the kitchen lights, turn a smart TV to your favorite cooking channel, and activate a fan plugged into your Awair Glow to keep you cool while you crank up the heat.
Using voice commands and Smart Home for effortless control of your environment
Using voice commands and Smart Home helps you understand and control your environment like never before. For example, when it’s nearing time for bed you can ask Alexa to ask Awair Glow about humidity levels. If it’s too humid in the bedroom, you can ask Alexa to turn on the bedroom humidifier so it’s the perfect comfort level when you do go to bed. You can find out the temperature and then turn on a fan, or a space heater. With Alexa and Awair Glow together, you can control your entire home’s environment, all from the comfort of your couch. Of course, you can still always control these features or get your air quality information from the Awair app as well.