This article provides detailed steps for resetting Glow C and performing basic troubleshooting.
What Does Resetting My Device Do?
'Resetting your device' is the first step for troubleshooting unusual Glow C behavior. Rebooting or performing a Factory Reset should solve the majority of setup, sensors, trigger, and connectivity issues. You can perform these reset steps during your initial device onboarding or to transfer device ownership.
If you have deleted Glow C from the Awair app, you will be required to perform a full
Factory Reset before onboarding your device.
Reboot (Power Cycle)
To Reboot or perform a “Power Cycle” on Glow C,
- Unplug the device from its wall socket for 20 seconds
- Plug it back in. Glow C should automatically reconnect to your WiFi network with existing settings.
Rebooting Glow C will not remove it from your Awair App, nor will it cause it to lose any previous data. Power Cycles are recommended for all initial troubleshooting attempts.
To perform a Factory Reset,
- Press and hold the power button on the front of Glow C for 20 seconds.
- You will find a blue light blinking, indicating that Glow C is ready to be paired via Bluetooth to your smartphone. (Click for more info on Connecting via Bluetooth)
- Follow the standard on-boarding process in the Awair app to proceed.
A Factory Reset is a more extreme version of the Power Cycle and will return Glow C to the default factory settings. Glow C will not lose historical data, but you will have to repeat the standard on-boarding process. It will delete all previous WiFi settings, Preferences, Names, Spaces, Triggers, and other integrations. You will be prompted to create all of these settings anew during the on-boarding process.