This article is for those who are setting up an Awair Omni to work in BACnet over IP mode. During the BACnet IP configuration step, you are asked to enter the IPv4 Address and assign it to an Awair Surface Mount. This article takes you step-by-step through 3 scenarios.
Scenario 1: Edit the Default Configuration
If this is the first time you are configuring the settings on the Surface Mount, this is the best way to proceed.
- Make sure that your PC is connected directly to the Ethernet port on the Surface Mount.
- From your PC, access the BACnet IP Configuration page by entering the default IP address assigned during manufacturing: 192.168.2.1 (the Surface Mount is operating in DHCP Server Mode and assigning an IP address to your PC at this stage).
- Choose your selections from the configuration fields and confirm the settings you wish to save.
Note: at this point, the Surface Mount will become disconnected, but the settings will persist and you can use Mode 3 (static IP mode - Case 2 below) or Mode 2 (IP address assigned via DHCP - Case 3 below) to access the configuration page.
Scenario 2: Edit a valid and previously configured static IP address to a new address.
If you know the IP address assigned to the Omni + Surface Mount and would like to change it, this is the best way to proceed.
- Make sure that your Surface Mount is connected to the Local Area Network (LAN) and on Mode 3 (IP address statically assigned and previously configured).
- From your PC or mobile device, access the BACnet IP Configuration page by typing in the previously configured static IP address. Note that the PC or mobile device must be connected to the same LAN as the Surface Mount.
- Enter the new IP address and confirm the change.
Scenario 3: Edit an invalid IP address to a new, valid address.
If you have forgotten the IP address assigned to the Omni + Surface Mount or entered an incorrect IP address, this is the best way to proceed.
- To edit a device's static IP address, switch the Mode Selection Switch on your Surface Mount to Mode 2 (IP address assigned via DHCP).
- Connect the Surface Mount to the LAN using an RJ-45 cable.
- From your PC or mobile device, access the router's admin page. Make sure that the PC or mobile device is connected to the same LAN as the Surface Mount.
- Identify the IP address currently assigned to your Surface Mount. You can search with a device name that starts with AWAIR-SM- and contains the last 6 characters of the device MAC (e.g. AWAIR-SM-123456, also known as the "MAC NIC").
- Access the BACnet IP Configuration page by typing in the IP address from the router admin page's device list, and then navigating to the BACnet Settings page.
- Enter a new IP address and save. Once you confirm the change, switch your Surface Mount back to Mode 3 (static IP mode).