Connecting Awair to Wi-Fi for the First Time
When you first set up Awair, you’ll need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network. After pairing your mobile device, Awair will scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks -- select your network from the list and you’ll be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi password to connect. If you don’t see your network listed, you can try tapping ‘Retry’ to scan again.
Updating/Reset your Wi-Fi Settings
If you need to update or reset the Wi-Fi settings, or want Awair to connect to a different Wi-Fi, you need to reset the device and start over. Bring your device and phone close together within 10 feet and follow the process below.
- On the back of the device, there is a reset button right next to the power connector (located in the vent hole). Press it firmly (use a pen or other pointy object) and hold for 10 seconds until you see a passcode and blue blinking light on the front of the device. Read this for more instruction.
- If you see the 4-digit code and blue blinking light, the device is ready to connect to other networks. On your iPhone, make sure that (a) Airplane Mode is off and that (b) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on.
- Reconnect your Awair device and iPhone by tapping the Plus Sign button at the top left corner of the screen. The button will be on the Device List screen if you have multiple devices. Otherwise, it will be on the Home screen of the App.
If You’re Having Trouble
If you’re having trouble connecting Awair to Wi-Fi:
- Make sure Awair is within range of your wireless network
- Make sure you have a 2.4 GHz network (Awair does not currently support 5 GHz only wireless networks)
- Make sure that your firewall allows access to TCP ports 8883 and 443.
- Try allowing 802.11 b/g/n (mixed) access. For "N only" or "AC only" modes, some routers have very strict access rules and your device may not be able to connect.
- Make sure your wireless network has an internet connection, and that other devices are able to connect to it and get online
- Make sure your mobile device is within Bluetooth range of Awair (about 15 feet)
- Make sure your mobile device has an internet connection
- Make sure you entered your wireless network password correctly
- Make sure you are not trying to connect to a network that requires additional configuration. Click here for more information.
- Make sure your router is not over crowded. Disconnect some of the connected devices and try again.
If you’re still unable to connect Awair to Wi-Fi, try unplugging Awair, waiting 30 seconds, and then replugging Awair into power and try again. You can also try resetting your wireless router.
This product may not be available in all areas. Click here to check availability and purchasing options.